layout

Friday, January 18, 2013

The Flu, Cheddar and Insomnia

It has been far too long since I've last posted. Things around this abode have been kinda nuts. (Like it isn't every other day of the year) The flu finally caught our family, thanks to my butthead of a brother, Eric. It hit us like none other. It started with me... a little sore throat, mild cough, a few stabs from Lee telling me that I was overreacting and that I wasn't really sick. The next day, Lee starts coughing and he tells me he thinks he's getting sick.

OH REALLY NOW? Look who's being over dramatic now!!

On the plus side, Lee spend 3 painfully sick days at home with me. We bonded over tissues and the ID channel. We took turns getting up for more hot beverages or refills on soup. The dinners for the children consisted of whatever took the least amount of time out of covers. (Sorry kids!) But cuddling on the couch together for 3 days was pretty fantastic. 

Aside from being sick and not keeping up with my blog, we also adopted a cat. Let me make one thing clear, WE ARE NOT A CRAZY CAT FAMILY! ....well maybe we are. But Lee and I are the same when it comes to animals, we can't say no. It's just not possible. Especially to a cat who needs a loving home. This cat was his sister Logan's. She moved back into her parents and the cat had to stay outside. He wasn't allowed in because of the dog and the other cats. He liked outside so it didn't seem like a big deal. But every time we all went to Lee's parents house, we would see this little furball outside begging for attention. It was so hard not to spend the entire time we visited outside cuddling this cat. I made the joke that we should take him home with us so we can give him the love and attention he deserves. As soon as those words came out, Lee's eyes meet mine and the decision is made. We will be taking this cat home with us.

Here he is... Cheddar. :)




Isn't he the cutest thing you ever did see? :) and he's so playful and cuddly and sweet and he MEOWS SO DAMN LOUD for wet food. OMG!!! It's like this cat never had canned food in his life. Best thing since tuna.

I blame his cuteness for my insomnia these days. He comes up to my face in the middle of the night and meows as loud as he can. Plus, we sit on the cough and cuddle, while watching Family Feud. (which we're doing right now at 2:21am) These days, I just can't sleep. Partially because of my completely stuffed nose from the flu and partially because I've slept so much over the past couple days that I just can't sleep anymore. Remember those days back when you were in your teens when you could go to sleep at midnight and not wake up until 4 in the afternoon? Yeah... those days are long gone.

Survey SAYS: ... I should really try to go to sleep...





1 comment:

  1. Aw! He IS a really cute kitty! And, I'm glad you found the time to post- even if it is 2am ;)

    ReplyDelete