layout

Monday, January 21, 2013

A PINKALICIOUS birthday party

Ok, now all who know me know how much of a planner I am. I have to plan things SEVERAL weeks in advance and continually work through my list before the big day, perfecting and minimizing. I could not have been happier with the outcome of this almost month worth of planning party. Having children gives me the ultimate excuse to decorate, coordinate, and plan a party. 

For all 3 of my kids, I don't really ask them what they want to do for their birthday as far as a party goes. I like to surprise them. (It's worth the look on their face. I promise!) So when it came time for Jackie's birthday, I was sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo excited. She's a girl after my own heart. Literally, she wants to be me. There's nothing more humbling in the world then having a little girl look up to you and copy your every move.

Beginning this planning a 5 year old's pinkalicious birthday party adventure, I had to come up with a budget. In this family, the budget is always ZERO. We're a large family with one parent working, so the budget is always small. But I was realistic and set the budget at $50.

This is what our party's theme was based on... Pinkalicous. AKA Jackie's favorite book. It's almost like the book was written thinking of her. If you haven't read it, DO SO!
I already knew that the house had to be decked out in pink. That was a given and that was the easy part. The hard part? FINDING PINK FOOD. Who would've thought?

Decorating: streamers, 24 balloons, table cloth and 2 pinkalicious posters (handmade). TOTAL= $5.00





I was very pleased with the amount of pink. I didn't think it was going to be enough, but it truly truly was. The balloons in the dining room under the light turned the whole room pink. Next was the food...

Food: Heart shaped PB&J's, pink rice krispies, fruity pebble rice krispies, pink chocolate drizzled strawberries, pink white chocolate pretzel rods, pink animal cookies, strawberry marshmallows, strawberry malt balls, strawberry/banana skewers, taco dip/chips (not pictured), lemon pepper/buffalo wings (not pictured), strawberry soda, fruit punch, hawaiian punch minis with fun jackie facts, cucumbers and broccoli with pink ranch dip (green food in case of acute pinkatitus) and PINKALICIOUS cupcakes. TOTAL: $40.00

 



 

Next comes the games. Lee and I are obsessed with Minute to Win it so we figured we would play as many child friendly minute to win it games as possible. 

The list of games included: 
     1. Pin the cherry on the cupcake
     2. Face the Cookie (put a cookie on your forehead and without using your hands, get the cookie in your mouth)
     3. Cup Stackers (stack cups on top of each other and unstack them without all of them falling)
     4. Bouncers (bounce the bouncy ball into the cup)
     5. Blow Straw (use the straw to blow the ball across the finish line)
     6. Marshmallow Head (throw marshmallows into your partners bucket on top of their head)
     7. Jackie's Favorite Things (a quick quiz to see who knows Jackie the best.






The final game was supposed to be to turn JACKIE into a pink mummy, but she chickened out at the end so of course Ayden stepped up and helped her out. I told him to give me a scared face... yup, that's scared lol.

The party turned out to be a huge hit with the kids because at the end of the day, that's who it's all about. The adults can sit back and watch as long as the children are having a blast. The only bad thing about having an awesome birthday party is... how the heck am I going to outdo myself for the next party?

No comments:

Post a Comment