layout

Tuesday, February 19, 2013

A Month Hiatus

It has been one hell of a month. Normally, I have time every day to sit down and have a little breather and blog, but oh no. Not this past month. EVERYDAY there has been something happening. Something going on. Someone needs something. Someone wants something. It has finally calmed down. No one's birthday is next week. No one needs anything. We can all finally breathe.

The upcoming months should be rather uneventful, and that excites me beyond belief. I can't wait to just hang out with our little family and make memories. 

Valentine's Day was soooooo cute. Lee did such a great job. He got me a beautiful floral arrangement, a candle, a pink balloon and ferrero rocher. He sure knows the way to my heart. We bought the kids some clothes, toys and a lot of chocolate. I made them pink pancakes for dinner and they had sparkling cider. (They called it wine.) For dinner, Lee and I had steak, shrimp, baked potato and a huge salad. Oh, and of course Moscato. I <3 moscato!
And me, the girl with her camera attached to her hand, did NOT take any pictures that day. I feel so bad! It was a super cute and romantic day for our whole family.

So, I've been a "Domestic Goddess" since the middle of August and It's been.... different. I'm definitely more productive, clean, an excellent cook (thanks to pinterest and paula deen), a better writer, reading a lot more and LAZY! Holy cow... I do a LOT of sitting and holy moly, being a stay at home mom has it's challenges. As I'm sitting here writing that sentence, Jillian Michaels comes on TV and says, "When are you going to get up and do something about it? If you say tomorrow, you know you're lying." .......oh damn. That's me. That's me all day long. I know I need to do something about it. I know I do. And I will. I need a gym. I really want to join the YMCA but with our family of 5, I don't know if that's something we can afford right now. And that sucks because that's the one reason that's stopping me from beginning a diet. And I know that it shouldn't be an excuse. I need motivation. I need to look at myself in the mirror REALLY hard and tell myself that this is not what you want. That's what I'm going to do tomorrow. yup. It's happening...






No comments:

Post a Comment