layout

Tuesday, February 19, 2013

You find out who your friends are

All throughout your life, you're moving on. Whether it's a new school, new town, new job or just growing up, you're constantly changing and moving on. Same with the people in your life. People come and go and if you're lucky, they will have an impact on your life and change you forever. I've had the pleasure of meeting and making friends in many different cities in different situations. Some, I have kept in touch with and some have moved on and facebook keeps us updated with each others lives.

I am guilty of letting some of my friendships fade because of life and not keeping in touch. It hurts me to know that. People always say, "I'll keep in touch. We'll talk every day. Just because you're leaving/moving, doesn't mean that we won't still be the best of friends." Then, they move on. They continue to live their lives, meet new people, create new memories and make new best friends. Call me immature, stuck in high school or whatever you want, but I still believe in the idea of best friends. Those people in the world that have your back no matter what. Those you don't have to talk to every day and still retain a friendship for the books. Those people that as you're going through your daily life, you change for the better or worse, and you can meet up and they bring you back to who you really want to be. Make you feel yourself again. Younger, perhaps? And when you go back to your daily life, you almost feel rejuvenated. All the stress in your life can be removed with a little help from your friends. (The Beatles were RIGHT!) I have fortunate to have 3 of those people in my life....


Those people for me are my forever friends Evva, Brandi and Valerie. In each of these friendships, we have been through different experiences, some tough, some silly, some down right weird but all positive. And the best part is we are all friends together. These are the girls that will drop everything and be there for you no matter what it is. They have all helped me through some of the hardest times of my life. They strengthened me to become a positive divorcee and come out on the other side not angry, sad, or bitter. I'm grateful for whatever has happened in my life because of them. They will all three be my maid of honor at my wedding. Screw rules/traditions. The three of them will be at the hospital when I have a child. One of them will by the God Mother of my child. They'll be in my children's lives. They'll just always be there. 

Thank you for your friendship, time, tears, hugs, parties, memories. You guys really are the best friends a girl could ask for. Love you guys!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment